Roberta earned a BS in Forest Biology from SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry and a Master's degree in Entomology from Cornell University. After serving as a biology instructor at various community colleges, she took a research specialist position with the University of Arizona. She worked closely with the Cooperative Extension Master Gardener program teaching gardening and entomology, and became a Master Gardener herself. She also developed a set of lesson plans about honey bees for the University of Arizona.
More recently, she has been a 4-H leader and taught science to homeschool groups. Roberta is also an inveterate blogger and bibliophile.
- See her blog about children's books at Wrapped in Foil.
- For themed lists of science books for children, see Science Books for Kids.
- Going back to her entomology roots, she explores the science and natural history of ants at Wild About Ants
- She reviews novels at It's A Mystery
- Let's not forget, there is also a Growing With Science website
Review Policy: Roberta does accept books for review, particularly science and nature nonfiction for children.
You can reach her at growingwithscience at gmail (dot) com or contact her here: