Have you heard about any science festivals in your area yet? Community-wide celebrations of science are springing up all over the country. Check out the Science Festival Alliance website and the links at the bottom of the post for locations of festivals near you.
We are excited that Arizona is participating in a big way this year. The Arizona SciTech Festival will showcase science, technology and innovation through a series of over 150 free events taking place between Jan. 25 and Mar. 14, 2012 statewide.
According to their news release, over 250 organizations have partnered together to promote Arizona’s participation in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) through a series of hands-on activities, workshops, conversations, debates, exhibitions, concerts, guided walks and tours.
Featured Events Include:
• Jan. 25 – 26 Aerospace and Defense Requirements Conference (Not free)
• Feb. 3-5 Glendale Chocolate Affaire-The Science of Chocolate
• Feb. 4 Arizona Science Center’s Innovations in Bioscience
• Feb. 10–12 Mesa’s Take Flight Celebration
• Feb. 14, 16 AZ Renaissance Festival’s Discovery Days
• Feb. 16 Chandler’s Tech Crawl
• Feb. 16 Tempe’s The Science of Fun
• Feb. 18 Tucson’s Science in the City
• Feb. 19–20 Challenger Space Center’s John Glenn Anniversary Event
• Feb. 21 A Day of Dean Kamen
• Feb. 25 Arizona State University’s EX-STATIC at New College
• Feb. 25–26 Scottsdale’s Science of Baseball
• Mar. 3 Arizona State University’s Night of the Open Door
• Mar. 6 University of Arizona’s Innovation Day
Wander through the Arizona SciTech Festival website to find many more fantastic activities. (There are almost too many to choose from.)
If you aren’t going to be in Arizona in time to take part, try these related festivals:
- Bay Area Science Festival- going on now!
- Philly Science Festival
- NC Science Festival
- San Diego Science Festival
- Cambridge Science Festival
- Flagstaff Festival of Science
If you go to any science festival events, please drop us a comment and tell us about it.